Adoption

Here's a place to discuss other shows from Hallmark Channel, both currently on the air or off.

Adoption

Postby Hallmark_Channel » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am

Adoption is Hallmark Channel's original series chronicling the real-life experiences of families involved in the adoption process. Talk about the show, or your own experiences around Adoption here.
Hallmark_Channel
Site Admin

Re: Adoption

Postby mom2zach0508 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:29 am

I have always wanted to be a mom more than anything! When I was married I got pregnant four times but unfortunately lost all four babies (2 miscarriages and 2 tubal pregnancies). I had many other problems after that and was left unable to have children. My husband divorced me because having biological children was more important than our marriage. So, several years later I decided I didn't need to have a husband to have a child. I started the process of International Adoption to adopt a baby from Guatemala. On May 2, 2007 I got my referral of my beautiful baby boy. The process ended up taking a lot longer than anticipated and December 31, 2007 Guatemala closed for adoptions. I was one of over 3,000 people who were able to get grandfathered in. There were several times in the process that I was told that adoptions ceased for the ones that were grandfathered in. It was devastating, but I knew I couldn't loose hope. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to finish the process and picked my son up May 19, 2008 (there are still families that do not have their child and I pray for them every day). This day was THE GREATEST DAY of my life! It was a roller coaster ride, but so worth it. Every time I look into my son's eyes I realize how very blessed I am! I am so thankful to his birth mom for making the very courageous decision to place him for adoption. I will forever be grateful to her.
mom2zach0508

Return to Other Series